Wednesday, May 27, 2015

"Tree Line"
6" x 24" Mixed media on 1.5" cradled panel
see it in person at SUMMER ART MARKET
June 13-14, 2015
200 Grant Street, Denver
This was yet ANOTHER piece I dreamed recently.  I have such a great love of trees, this is my respect.  It still has texture and color and pattern.  Notice the stamp and bits of paper along with the round shapes of texture.  The background is acrylic, and then there is modeling paste, paper and finally oil.  This is part of my "play" as I emerge into another stage of work.  VERY exciting for me.  I LOVE the simplicity in this piece...not my typical, and not the largest body of my work, but that is one thing I love about it! HA...every once in awhile I need to rest my eyes!  I call this whimsical and fun...It's unique depth with the wood sides make it a great piece to sit on a shelf...you can even put things on top of it!  A great little piece for decor! 

Here are a couple detail photos so you can see a bit more clearly what is going on in the seemingly simple little painting! 
detail 1
note the fun texture that is the tree in the center...LOVE that texture!  
detail 2
even in this larger expanse with little subject matter I have added texture and subtle pattern.  FUN!

As with Aspen Dreams from my last post I have yet to decide what I want to do to the sides of this painting.  I don't know if I will stain them or paint them...Great fun to contemplate!

HAPPY CREATING!

3 comments:

martinealison said...

Bonjour chère amie,

Non seulement votre oeuvre nous entraîne à la rêverie de par ses couleurs et ses formes mais également par ses textures... Tout comme une sculpture, j'ai envie de caresser cette peinture...

Très joli travail.

❁ ♡ Gros bisous ♡ ❁

Autumn Leaves said...

I too love the simplicity of this piece, Saundra. The palette is my favorite as well. Gorgeous and I love how you've displayed this.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Merci Martine Alison ! Il est l'un des plus grands compliments que quelqu'un pourrait donner !

Thank you CrimsonLeaves. I just needed a little visual rest! HA!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...