Saturday, May 9, 2015

"OLIVER" 98/101 OF 101 PET PORTRAITS IN 101 DAYS © SAUNDRA LANE GALLOWAY

SOLD
"Oliver" is a sweet little Carin Terrier like in the Wizard of Oz.  I had SO much fun painting Oliver.  He is sitting in the arms of someone who loves him!  At first I thought I'd just paint Oliver's sweet face, but quickly I realized; not knowing how his body would look naturally in that pose, I decided to put that loving arm in there, and I am REALLY glad!  It tells a story of love and sweetness!  Oliver's fauvist colors were FUN!  Buttery yellows and turquoise and green make the background colors.  I added a little bit of pattern in the background that adds a bit extra.  Oliver's fur has lots of blue and purple mixed in with some yellows that make some of the darks.  I added a bit of fauvist color to the arm that is holding Oliver; adding some fun!
 
Before I show Oliver in his display photos I wanted to talk a little about my process.  It's been basically the same throughout this project.  I mark carefully where the eyes go...and some important markers.  I then paint the eyes first, often followed by the nose; then the background and I finish with the rest.  Once I get the eyes placed, the nose is easy in relation to them...and the rest goes quickly.  I used the same brushes throughout the whole process. This project has helped me to improve my painting skills, as well as has given me "permission" to use brighter colors and fun interpretations.  I feel so blessed that so many sent in their photos of their pet babies, which made this whole experience that much more fun!  Thank you to everyone!!
And NOW, here is Oliver in all his precious glory!

 I found this particular easel at Hobby Lobby.

 I have to say, for frame colors I have, this one was my favorite for Oliver.  So simple...
These frames are floater frames. These frames get their name from the illusion they offer—once the art is assembled inside the frame, it appears to float within it. I found these frames at pictureframes.com.  I'm not thrilled with their shipping prices (I think they are way too high, and they often ship one small frame in a giant box! ha), but you can watch for sales and deals that pop up on the top left of their website screen.
MAPLE FLOATER FRAME
CFS10
 GOLD LEAF FLOATER FRAME
CFS3
BLACK FLOATER FRAME
CF1

HAPPY CREATING!

No comments:

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...