Tuesday, May 19, 2015

"MOUNTAIN MEADOW THROUGH ASPEN EYES" © SAUNDRA LANE GALLOWAY

"Mountain Meadow through Aspen Eyes"
24"x24" x 1.5" sides mixed media on cradled panel
$700
Available through my WEBSITE

..."through Aspen Eyes" is an important piece for me as it is one of a last of it's kind as I move a little in direction.  It is HEALTHY and GOOD for an artist to grow and change.  I still LOVE these pieces...and I may do a few more here and there, but they will be considered part of my journey through creative experiences to a newer path.  NOT BETTER per say...just a part of my growth as an artist.  I love the amount of information in this painting.  A lot of paper and acrylic is in this painting, with some oil as well...so, a true mixed media piece!  The deer; at least I think it is a deer (lol) is one that stopped at my house to visit one day.  I gave him some brighter colors to reflect the beginning of my movement and growth.  When using brighter colors to depict something it will almost ALWAYS
work if you keep the values (light and dark) the same as in life.  The purples are my way to throw a little punch into this transitional piece!  The cradle sides of this panel painting are stained a nice color to fit in to almost any decor.  I still LOVE mixing abstract elements in my work with a bit of realism...this piece has abstract elements in the meadow part.  I love it for this piece.  As I play in my work in my process of growth, I see a bit more pattern and abstract elements mixed in.  Stay tuned for the next piece as explanation.  I absolutely LOVE working my aspen trees with the detail...so, I see them popping up as I continue on my journey!
detail of deer...if you see some cloudy areas it comes from adding other elements to a painting that I first called finished.  I suspect it is the medium and will be eliminated when I seal the entire painting as it dries.

 This piece will be at SUMMER ART MARKET this June 13-14 at 200 Grant Street in Denver.  I am booth number 54!  Hope to see you there!
 
HAPPY CREATING!

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

I have missed these types of pieces, Saundra. Truly beautiful and I love that you showed it hanging on the wall as well. Gives a strong image of size and finish.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thank you Crimson Leaves. I do love my aspen!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...