Tuesday, April 27, 2010

"San Diego Sand Piper" oil painting on panel © Saundra Lane Galloway

In keeping with my theme of San Diego and cuz I miss my son I painted this little sand piper from a reference photo taken on our trip to see my son.  I know it's only been a few months, but I miss him like crazy!!  As I was working on this little guy I kept saying to myself to make my strokes more random, but he kept coming out like this...perhaps it was meant to be! 

I want to welcome my newest followers and remind you all that there are a few days left in our April painting challenge.  Just a reminder to those who forgot, or those who just joined in...go to my March 30 post where you will see a few pics of zoo animals...paint it, e-mail it to me at art4life44@hotmail.com and I will add you to the names we have already and choose one.  The winner will get to choose from my contest choices on my sidebar!  It is as easy as that!!  And...welcome to my newest followers.  I'm always glad when you have time to stop by!!  Even gladder still when you comment...I love hearing what you think!

Tomorrow I have to put my San Diego angst aside to paint a little sumpin for my mom for mother's day...but before you know it I will be back at my San Diego pieces for a little longer...and, I have a hankerin to make a few new paper casts...WHICH brings to mind that I have neglected my ETSY shop...the school thing...but SOON I will be updating and adding!

HAPPY CREATING!!

9 comments:

Gary Keimig said...

I really like the way your Sandpiper came out Saundra. It is well done and very life like.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thank you Gary...these birds are so awesome!! My photo was sooo clear it was hard not to follow it!

Art with Liz said...

Definitely bird time Saundra and he is absolutely stunning. Lovely luscious paint.

Elizabeth Seaver said...

What a beautiful painting, Saundra! Love your birds!

Autumn Leaves said...

Beautiful in its simplicity, Saundra. Makes me want to be at the ocean. Haven't seen it since I moved back to IL in 2000. Sigh...

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Yep...it's been a birdy few weeks...thanks girls!! I too want to see the ocean again!! But, mostly the one who lives by the ocean...:)

Dean H. said...

Another great bird, Saundra! Love those feather and reflection strokes.

I know exactly where you're coming from...It is very difficult to paint with random/loose strokes many times. Especially when using a clearly defined photo. Best to squint to lose detail if one can remember to do it.

However, I like your little stiltwalker just as he is. :)

Pam Holnback said...

Really great job w/ the reflections. And, great meeting you

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thanks Dean! Knowing you struggle with loose makes me feel less...alone...not that we are the ONLY TWO ARTISTS in the world that struggle at times. lol

Thanks Pam...I was tickled to meet you as well!!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...