Monday, September 26, 2011

"ASPEN IN ORANGE AND BLUE" ORIGINAL MIXED MEDIA PAINTING OF ASPEN © SAUNDRA LANE GALLOWAY AND...AN UP AND COMING ARTIST!

12" x 25"
Mixed media on MDF panel with English Oak stained sides
$400 includes shipping in the US

I was FINALLY able to sit for a few minutes and finish this aspen mixed media piece.  That has been a feat considering the house hunt and all that goes with it.  I don't think I ever tire of playing with all the combinations that can happen with this way of working...So, YEA!

I want to introduce you to my niece; Kaitlinn Johnson who is an 8th grader in Texas and quite an accomplished artist!  My brother called last week to tell me she won a triple ribbon on her landscape that I was so excited to see and wanted to share it with you all here!
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this painting and just had to tell her just how it was a winner in my humble eyes...Just look at the great composition and contrast she has shown, not to mention the execution is also lovely!!  WAY TO GO KAITLINN!!
It is so important to recognize talent in emerging artists...they need our positive kudos and encouragement...Let's all watch for her name as she continues in her creative endeavors!

SO, the house hunt has been a great bit of time as you have already read...we are now in the financial ho ha as I call it, and I've got to tell you, quite frustrating...If there isn't a new document you need, it is a phone call for info you have to make; and when they don't call you back it stalls the whole process...and then there are all the government rules and hoops to jump through...I've got to tell you there are days I just want to throw my hands up and say ENOUGH...renting is JUST FINE! HA...but, we've come this far...so I feel it would be a colossal waste of time if I stopped now...whew...I need strength!!

Yesterday I had planned to post my sweet niece's painting, but my husband came and asked me to go on a hike up behind our house...a little deeper than we've gone before, so I just stopped and went...and, was glad...it was SO beautiful up there and we had some surprises along the way...But, first to show you some of the color I found up there...
me finding color...ha
a great composition of oak leaves...
I call these pine berries...what in heavens name are they actually called??

And, then...we're waling along and who should we see...but...
I tell ya...you can't go anywhere anymore!! ha...He was just stuck up on a tree and for a second looks REAL...it was a great laugh!
But, as we were walking back I glanced over my shoulder and was greeted with this beautiful view...aaahhh life...for a moment all the stresses of life today went away!  Enjoy!!

HAPPY CREATING!!

7 comments:

martinealison said...

Mes félicitations à cette jeune diplômée talentueuse... Un merveilleux travail...
Vraiment une graine d'artiste, comme sa tante!
Bravo aussi pour cette dernière belle oeuvre ma chère.
Gros bisous et merci pour ces belles photos.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Merci Martinealison!

Autumn Leaves said...

I just believe wholeheartedly that an artistic streak is a genetic thing that runs through families. Your niece just proves it, Saundra. As does my daughter, my grandmother, my dad, my aunt, my nephew, another brother...

I'm with you on the house thing. I hate all those danged hoops. Your orange and blue piece is just stellar!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thanks miss Autumn Leaves! She is so sweet as well as talented!! You do not give yourself the credit you are due my blogger friend!!

Rob-bear said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rob-bear said...

What beautiful art work. And a great bush behind your home.
What a fun place to visit. I think even Bears would be welcome here.
Yup, good place.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thanks Rob-bear...it IS a beautiful place back there...AND...we do have our fair share of bears...and mountain lions...and, and, and...lol

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...