Friday, September 30, 2011

A PIT STOP WITH PALMS...

My most wonderful son who lives in San Diego is having a birthday in a couple weeks...and as is my tradition I do a painting for him.  He LOVES my work...actually encourages my experimentation, so today I've begun a new piece in my signature style with PALM TREES as the subject this time.  I'm very excited to do this piece as I too ADORE palm trees...they are such interesting subject matter!...and, they remind me of my son...This photo doesn't show the changes in value from top to bottom, but you can see a bit of sun as it peeks through.

I've made some palm leaf stamps that will be part of this piece...and will soon start adding papers to bring it some good interest...stay tuned!  This has to be finished quickly so I can get it out to him!!

HAPPY CREATING!!

4 comments:

Lighthousegal said...

Wonderful blog you have. Your paintings are Beautiful. Kaitlinn is a wonderful artist also. Talented family!
I hope you have a chance to stop by my blog some time.

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Very cool..can't wait to see where it's going! I love the way you always describe your son as "most wonderful son." I believe the world would be a much better place if we all treated each other as if the other guy was "most wonderful." He's a lucky guy to have a mom like you!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Saundra! I don't see you do ocean type pieces too often. This is already looking amazing! Love that wide format too. Can't wait to see more...

By the way, if you notice Jane posting again, please do let me know. I didn't add her to my blog roll this time because she is dealing with carpal tunnel and hasn't posted in three months! Hoping all is well with her if you talk to her.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thanks for stopping by Jeanette...I DID stop by your blog...loved the post on rain...beautiful leaf shots...oops, the artist in me coming out!!

HA Elizabeth...I AGREE with you...and, he truly is a most wonderful son and person, so it's easy...I'm having fun with his painting...

and...miss S (what I'll call you from now on since your blog name is longish (but lovely)...I'll let you know...she hasn't posted much this year...and, I'm having fun with this ocean scene...Hopefully finish it tomorrow!! YEA!!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...