Saturday, September 3, 2011

FINDING BALANCE...and a new BEGINNING

I'm noticing since I returned from spending time with my new, adorable grandson that I'm having a bit of difficulty finding balance between searching for a new home and my art.  I've spent a HUGE amount of time on line and out "in the field" as my husband puts it...searching for a home that will not dissapoint after living on 5 acres in the mountains, but will serve us both...WHEW...a huge task...HOWEVER, I am working hard to get back to my easel with new work...BUT, I did take time out to go to see the Mountainside Miniatures show at the FOOTHILLS ART CENTER in GOLDEN, CO.  I won the CHAIRPERSON AWARD for my ACORN DUO and was tickled.  I was tickled to even get in this national show in the first place.  The competition was stiff and I felt lucky to even get two of the three I entered in!


I have, however begun a commission piece of a sunflower that was a specific color request...the background is a neutral with a bit of sky thrown in...and I'm playing around with different pics of sunflowers I've taken...haven't decided yet which I will use. Here is another brave soul that decided to bloom on our mountain...so delicate!
And, I'm happy to report that I got at least one more acorn pic from our scrub oak in front of the house that the birds DIDN'T find!...always sharing!! :)
He's SO cute...I can feel another acorn piece in my future!!  So, here's hoping that I find that awesome balance between house hunting and creating!  I hope you all are finding balance in your lives as well...here's to it!!

HAPPY CREATING!

3 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Completely unbalanced here, my friend. Sigh...story of my life. Congratulations on the award; I love that piece too. I am seriously considering painting this photo. It immediately struck me this morning and I am itching for inspiration and to paint today. I get so little time to myself these days and want to make use of today. The photo is a dream. I'll let you know if I do it and send you a pic. No luck with the house hunt yet? How is Paxton?

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Sorry to hear it Autumn Leaves...seems balance is a work in progress! Hang in! I'd love to see anything you paint from my photos as you know...it's FUN to see others' interpretations! We are deep in the house hunt...still looking...I'm learning that it is a full time job! Paxton is AWESOME! Growing fast and already smiling I hear!

Serri Miller said...

I enjoyed meeting you at the show, and congratulations on your well-deserved award! This is a great picture of a great piece. Here's hoping things settle down for you soon.

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...