Tuesday, September 13, 2011

JONATHAN'S SUNSET

I'm constantly amazed at our technological abilities in this world.  I'm sitting here in the mountains of Colorado and I get a text from my most wonderful son who is sitting on his beach...Ocean Beach California and he shares his sunset with me.  I got goose bumps...I STILL have them!  On so many levels I am in awe of my son.  He has stamina to keep on keeping on in a world that is often so tough...he has the soul of a poet, he is amazingly talented on the skateboard...(remember his 3rd place in the WORLD for freestyle skating in Philly last year)...and he is a gentleman extraordinaire...his creative soul is alive and well, and he takes the time to share it with his old mom!  I am proud of my son that no matter what trials he faces he gets up and keeps on going...WAY TO GO JONATHAN!  I am most impressed with a person that doesn't give up...that doesn't loose his desire to improve...who never stops trying...that is my son.  Remember...it is a lesson to us all...NEVER GIVE UP!!  To share a beautiful thing with people...to desire to make them smile...that is what we are all about as artists isn't it?...well, here is a beauty to behold from the heart and soul of my most artistic and wonderful son!  Thank you Jonathan!  You have most certainly passed on some smiles with this view of your world!  God Bless!!

Tomorrow I am going to share a "failure".  It is a painting I've reworked twice now and have decided that it is enough...I'm not afraid to admit "defeat" on some paintings...IF we can learn from those things that don't "work" then it isn't truly a "failure"...just a process that helps us to grow...so, for teaching purposes...I will share...stay tuned...But for tonight...let's enjoy a most perfect sunset that God gave us through my son...which is most certainly NOT a failure! YEA!

HAPPY CREATING!!

3 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

He takes after his mom, my friend.

My school says that we learn best from our mistakes. I am inclined to agree.

Kathye said...

Beautifully said about your son! I feel the same way about my son! He is the love of my life, and what I am most proud and grateful of in my world!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thanks Girls...sons are somethun extra special...daughters too...but...today was about sons! :)

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...