Monday, September 19, 2011

"PORTRAIT OF A SUNFLOWER" ORIGINAL MIXED MEDIA PAINTING OF A SUNFLOWER © SAUNDRA LANE GALLOWAY

"Portrait of a Sunflower"
12" x 12" mixed media on MDF with English Oak cradled sides
$300
AVAILABLE ON MY WEBSITE by clicking on the title so see others like it
OR YOU CAN USE PAY PAL by clicking on the button below!
It has been SO great getting back to work a little bit between house hunting!  I sat down yesterday and created this fun sunflower portrait with whimsical ribbons of the black and white weaving through...if you look closely you can also see it in a spiral in the center of the sunflower.  This piece is what I created on top of the "failed" painting from the other day.  The fun part of this is all the texture!!  To cover the previous work (which someone wanted to buy about 10 minutes too late as I'd covered it already!) I painted it with a layer of gesso...covered that with a layer of molding paste, and another layer of gesso...The English Oak sides fit perfectly with the subject matter (which MAY have been the reason I decided to do one more sunflower before the season ends).

Not to let much moss grow on my easel I'm already at work on a new aspen piece using mainly blue and orange in the background.  As we speak I'm busy with the addition of papers...and having a ball!!  


HAPPY CREATING!

7 comments:

martinealison said...

Un bien beau tournesol... les couleurs de ta prochaine oeuvre me parlent bien... J'ai hâte de voir son évolution.
gros bisous

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Oh, the blue and orange one really sings! I can't wait to see what you do with that one.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Vous remercier Martinealison, je suis excité à voir qu'il devient aussi ! J'espère que je ne déçois pas !

Elizabeth, It is one I started MONTHS ago, and finally felt in the mood to play with it...it will be aspen...now let's see what I do with it! lol

ThirtySeven said...

I love this stuff.. you do beautiful work!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thank you ThirtySeven!!

Autumn Leaves said...

Told you that last piece was rather intriguing despite your thoughts! (Why is it no one EVER listens to me???? LOL) At any rate, this is a gorgeous piece too and I am excited to see where your new piece is going as well.

New baby finally arrived early evening yesterday, Saundra. You can see her on my blog...

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

YEA for babies Autumn Leaves...I'm heading right over...and thank you! Your insight is amazing!!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...