Friday, February 17, 2012

FIGURE DRAWING WORKSHOP WITH TEDDY SHMEDEKE LEE

Charcoal sketch of my daughter over mixed media background

Today was FUN DOINS at the Lakewood Arts Council as we had a figure drawing workshop with a wonderful artsit and teacher Teddy Schmedeke Lee who teaches at Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design.

I don't do many figures, but it is ALWAYS a good idea to stretch and practice and LEARN.  Today my favorite NEW thing was how to fit work into an "envelope".  This is valuable when trying to fit a figure within a certain size.  Below is a video as she described this to me.


I promised the other members of class that I would post a lot of the videos I took on other sections of class, so be looking for this in coming days!

I also did a charcoal sketch of my son on his skateboard that I will work on...I used the "envelope" method to place him.
My goal in these workshops is to learn at least one new thing...play, and practice rather than produce a finished piece...and that is just what I did!!

HAPPY CREATING!

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Now that was interesting, Saundra. I am assuming that the "envelope" is the original rectangle that was drawn on the paper? Kind of like the size of one of the long business envelopes then? Can't wait to see these two pieces of your kids!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Yes,...you take the object or figure and decide how far from the edges of your support it will be...then draw from the top to the next widest area and to the bottom etc until you are all the way around and then you draw your object in that space.

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...