Thursday, February 2, 2012

"GORE RANGE LAYERS" ORIGINAL MIXED MEDIA PAINTING OF THE GORE MOUNTAINS IN COLORADO © SAUNDRA LANE GALLOWAY

"Gore Range Layers"
18" x 48" mixed media on MDF cradle
will be available on my website after the show at the CORE!

FINALLY...I had time to finish this long skinny of the Gore Mountains here in Colorado!!  As you can see I put in a few pines that lined the hill and my signature aspen along the bottom.  It took me a few days of deliberating before I decided on how to treat the foliage of the aspen.

I decided to use the several colors that are often seen in aspen at certain times of year...did I exaggerate a bit...YEP...we can do that!  For me...the images...the feelings that come from memories are important and that is what I went for.

The leaves are meant to be a part of the blending from one layer to another...and not to take away from the beauty that is the Gore Range above...a tricky feat to play with when one loves the trees as much as I do.  I softened them a bit with stamping of aspen leaves that are merely a suggestion rather than an image.  I don't know how much of our minds pick up on subtle images...or, as in this case...parts of images...but, just in case I DID use aspen stamps!  FUN!
This painting will be hanging at the CORE gallery off of Santa Fe beginning February 16th.  If you are in the area I'd love it if you stopped by to see it in person.  This is one of my favorite paintings to date...I think mainly because of the challenges that layering affords...I LOVE challenges and things that make me think...

Now I'm thinking what will I do next!!  HAPPY CREATING!!

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Saundra, this came out so very beautifully! Absolutely exquisite and oh so stunning. I love that depth of field, the colors, the sense of finding a beautiful secret spot of my own...a place it would be wonderful to have my own mountain hideway to live in year round. Sigh...

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thanks Sherry!...I think I sold it already...it was a FUN one for sure!!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...