Tuesday, February 21, 2012

"POPPIES THREE" ORIGINAL MIXED MEDIA PAINTING OF ICELAND POPPIES" © SAUNDRA LANE GALLOWAY; EXPERIMENTS; REFERENCES FOR YOU

"Poppies Three"
12" x 12" mixed media on cradled MDF with English Oak stained sides
$300 includes shipping in the US



THIS is for the Daily Paintworks site...YES, it worked the last post...now to add to my on line gallery...:) NOW...for the REFERENCES and the EXPERIMENT!!

The past few days we have had TONS of Robins hanging out in our pines that have the blue berries...they are going crazy!!  I learned a bunch of Robins is called a "ROUND"...FUN TO LEARN NEW STUFF!!  They flit here and there SO fast I felt lucky to get this pic of a sweet little guy!!  Below is a collage I made of some of my favorite bird pics...
You can also see these pinned to my PINTEREST site that you can either access by following the link or click on the PINTEREST on my sidebar...

The experiment I am working on will be a series I'm going to call my "Shabby Chic" series (IF it works out that is...)...I woke up wanting to play some, and had the idea to add canvas to canvas...mostly for more texture...but also to see what I do with it...the beginning is below....24" x 18" gallery wrap canvas...
Not too pretty is it...HA...nope...but, in my head it may go some places...I'm still going to do my "thing" on it...but I am also thinking of it as a tippy toe into abstract...for later on when I may want to push a little bit on my old creative brain.

I HATE to have white canvas...so I rolled some color over the whole thing to get it started...
As I work quickly, and often on two or three things at once I've already sketched a bit of mountain at top with vine charcoal...REMEMBER...Shabby Chic...gotta be excited with every stray string, every smudge...etc, etc...Hopefully I'll have a large block of time tomorrow to do MORE!!

Til then...more reference photos for your pleasure...also on my PINTEREST boards I believe if you like...
gotta LOVE this fatty!!
These are my favorite ocean birds I snapped when visiting my son in Ocean Beach; San Diego...some of them have been painted already...
This cutie just made me laugh...hope it gives you a little tug at the corners of your mouth too...
HAPPY CREATING!!

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Beautiful poppies, Saundra! Can't wait to see what you do with the canvas on canvas. Love the colors you've begun building. How exciting!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

You know I love to experiment!! Thank you CrimsonLeaves!!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...