Tuesday, February 7, 2012

MASK PROJECT FOR CHARITY

The Mask Project is a fund raiser for the Denver Hospice.  This will be the 14th anniversary of this fundraiser I believe.  The first time I have participated.  On April 14 all the masks painted by artists all around, including celebrities will be on display at the Cherry Creek Shopping Center in Denver.  I wanted to participate in this project to give back to the community...and it will be FUN DOINS!  So, stay tuned to watch the progress of this mask.  To see what others have done in the past click on this link.  THE MASK PROJECT OF 2010

After looking it it for awhile I decided to go the route to paint something from my world in the way I work...so this will be a collage piece.  I decided to take advantage of the surface to do another rendition of our own Mt. Evans.  I actually think I will pull from actual paintings I've done in the past of Mt. Evans...I have quite a few shots of this mountain as it is visible from the top of our mountain...but most of them are covered in snow or shadow like the reference shot below.
This will be good to get the silhouette I want to make my Mt. Evans actually LOOK like Mt. Evans!  I used this before when I did "Mt. Evans Inspiration"
"Mt. Evans Inspiration"
12x12" mixed media on cradled MDF
$220 STILL AVAILABLE...check my website!
This detail shows the silhouette of the mountain cut very carefully from acid free paper.  This is a part of a series I did last year.
I like the colors in the other views of Mt. Evans I have done...so, my palette will be taken from some of these...
the colors in this detail are quite fresh and fun!
This is the end result of that detail...
"MT. EVANS PANORAMA"
SOLD
From this painting I got a commission to do another Mt. Evans...
"MT EVANS PANORAMA 2"
SOLD
"Mt. Evans Panorama 2"  was a requested painting from a collector.  They wanted more orange! FUN!
"MT. EVANS THROUGH ASPEN EYES"
OIL ON CANVAS
$75...CONTACT ME IF YOU ARE INTERESTED :)
This rendition of Mt. Evans was actually a demo for a high school class a few years ago...I don't even have this painting as I was attacked that day when I was subbing long term and decided not to return...Sigh...aaahhh life!
"MT. EVANS IN COLLAGE"
9"X12" MIXED MEDIA ON CRADLED BOARD
SOLD JUST RECENTLY!
This painting was an experiment with mixing papers and oil.  I wanted to depict Mt. Evans almost totally in paper...there is very little paint added, but the trees were painted in oil.

So, you can see I have several things to choose from when putting this majestic painting on the mask...I'm going to have FUN!

HAPPY CREATING!

6 comments:

Elizabeth Seaver said...

You do keep yourself busy, Saundra! The charity event piece has such potential with your style. Can't wait to see it. I love your mountain paintings. Each one is really special!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thanks miss Elizabeth!!

Carol Nelson said...

I love the photos on top of your blog.
I've got a mask to do too. Don't know what I'm doing with it yet.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thanks Carol...I love making those headers...about to do a new one! :) I sat and stared at mine for awhile before I decided!

Autumn Leaves said...

This will be amazing! I can't wait to see how it turns out and this would be something I'd love to participate in if we had it near here! I know one thing: it will be gorgeous!!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thanks Sherry!...I'm excited to do something on such a fun support!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...