Monday, February 27, 2012

ADDING "SITTING PRETTY" ORIGINAL MIXED MEDIA PAINTING OF ASPEN AND RED BIRD © SAUNDRA LANE GALLOWAY AND MORE ON SHABBY CHIC #1 WITH VALUABLE ARTICLES FOR YOUR INFORMATION

"Sitting Pretty"
Mixed media on canvas covered MDF framed in grey metal
$400.00 includes shipping in the US



WOW...what a LONG title even for me...Sorry about that...still working double duty to put available paintings in my DAILY PAINTWORKS on line gallery, but I think it is OK to remind those of paintings that I have right here in my studio.  Of course as always...if you see it here and love it...you can buy it right here! 

It was a gorgeous weekend up here in Colorado for February...so I played and got outside errands done...thus the little delay in working on my Shabby Chic #1 painting...HOWEVER, I have added a bit more...
Just a reminder...you may have to click on this one to see it a bit larger to see the shabby"ness" of this...and remember, it is a first in a series, so the experimenting is new and FUN, but I'm ever working out kinks in the armor.  You can see I've begun to add my fav's...aspen...but Pines will also be in this piece along with a little boulder and water action...(and I say action meaning it's there...no raging waterfalls...:))

Over the weekend I found two articles that I found really important and helpful to share.  The first is an explanation by David Marine on the copyright issue that has been brought up about sharing photos and work on the fairly new site called PINTEREST, of which I am a participant.  I am including a link to that letter he wrote to the PINTEREST participants because I believe it may help some who have had concerns about joining this fun little (well, HUGE) group...


The other link I wanted to share comes from the on line newsletter we get through the website FineArtStudioOnLine that is the host for my website...it is called the Empty Easel.  This article is about paint quality and what those pesky numbers...Series 1,2,3 etc. really mean and why a Hue is what it is and colors that are good for mixing...I felt it valuable and wanted to share...


I hope you find these articles helpful while I labor with a smile on my latest thing above...Well, it's back to the easel!!

HAPPY CREATING!

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Laboring with a smile...maybe that is my whole problem. I approach all my art with excitement but also with niggling doubt and fear and high intensity. I need to spend time with somebody not like me. Well...I guess I do. My husband is super laid back with nary a care in the world. Somehow that also tends to agitate me.

Love seeing your progress and I always look forward to seeing more, my friend. Did you see my photos of Oakley? Check them out!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thanks Sherry...I haven't been able to find your blog of late?? Will look again! I'm already working this morning to finish this bad boy up! FUN!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...