Thursday, February 23, 2012

"ASPEN GOLD" ORIGINAL MIXED MEDIA PAINTING OF ASPEN © SAUNDRA LANE GALLOWAY AND...PROCESS ON SHABBY CHIC #1 (NO NAME YET)

"Aspen Gold"
2'x2' mixed media on MDF cradle
stained on sides with English Oak
ON SALE FOR A SHORT TIME
$600 includes shipping in the US

I'm happy to say I've put all the codes in for DAILY PAINTWORKS on line gallery and it seems to be revolving just fine...This is one colorful piece!  I always think it would fit so great in a childs room I think because of the colors.  Occasionally I will pull a piece and spontaneously put it on sale for a little while...today this is the sale. yippee!!...

I am having a great time working on my first Shabby Chic piece...laying in things as I go down and then going back up to do some more...FUN DOINS!  I will be putting pine and aspen on the bottom with a little bit of water coming through some awesome boulders I ran across on one of our hikes...It took me a little while to decide just what would go where...but it's looking great in my head! lol
You can see that I've added color and some papers to block in background...and have added a few embellishments that is easier to see in the detail shot below...
It's a little like where's Waldo...you might have to click to make the pic bigger...but there are little brads in there...I'm just playing...but I'm loving the process!!
HAPPY CREATING!!

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Of course I read your whole post. I always feel bad when someone has obviously not read all that I've written. And I really do go on and on and on (even my kids say I talk too much...or really, it is more like "Mom! Do you ever stop talking?" Funnily enough, I am often pretty quiet. LOL

Anyway, I love how this shabby chic piece is developing. The palette is one of my favorites so far.

I am just awed by the size of a 2' x 2' piece. I cannot imagine being able to fill that size. 'Course, even my writing is a tad tiny so I get overwhelmed easily. But you are right; the colors in that top piece are gorgeous and it would look amazing in a child's room. Who wouldn't like to sleep under a canopy of gold (or as I like to think of them, autumn leaves)?

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

aahh...I forgot...crimsonleaves...autumnleaves!! Thanks Sherry!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...