Thursday, February 9, 2012

MASK PROJECT BEGINNING, ZAZZLE, AND MY DAD!

Day one of the mask project was to coat the mask with gesso and to draw a section of Mt. Evans on the face.  Note how I put the highest point of the mountain section off center so as to keep the composition interesting.  I then added some texture with Golden Molding Paste (no, I didn't spell Molding wrong...that's just what they call it) :)  You may have to click on the pic to see the drawing...it is a little fuzzy and hard to see...chalk that up to the fact that I am hurrying to get ready for another dreaded dental appointment and the light in the studio...sorry...dentists make me nervous, so the anti shake thingy on my camera was no help this time! HA

I wanted to remind you that I have re-opened my ZAZZLE store for any of you who may want to purchase prints of my work.  When you click on the link above and go to my "store front" you will note that there are hardly any paintings in there...I KNOW...things have been a little hectic around here, so I've just begun to put items in the store...HOWEVER, if there is a piece you are interested in, contact me at art4life44@hotmail.com and ask me about it and I'll put it in the store for you!!  YEA for prints!!

Another reason I am so scattered and SLOW these days is, as I've said before, my father is going through chemo.  I adore my parents...my dad is quite the trooper...still assistant attorney general in Oklahoma...going to work when he can...and my mom is awesome in that she is with him every step of the way through this process!  Today is chemo day #3...we are about half way there...so, I love you dad and mom...hang in there...we are all praying for you!!
and..well, cuz there was no color to my mask today I thought I'd sneak another pic of my precious grandson Paxton in...His big ole cheeks are happy cuz he just started solids...Sweet Potatoes his mom made from scratch...I think he loves it!! YEA!
SOOOOO whatever gives you inspiration today...jump on it!!  Have an awesome February day!!
HAPPY CREATING!

4 comments:

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Great to see your mom and dad and thanks for sharing a part of his journey. Prayers are going forth for his healing and strength.

Love seeing your stages and good luck selling those prints!

Boo to the dentist!!!! I know exactly how you feel!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thanks Elizabeth. The prayers are much appreciated!! No more dentist for awhile...YEA!

Autumn Leaves said...

That mask is looking amazing already, Saundra. It is going to be gorgeous! My thoughts and prayers go out for your dad and your mom. May he come through this with as little discomfort as possible. And look at that big boy!! Where does the time go?

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thanks for the prayers Sherry...My daughter said the same thing! I'm off to work on that mask!!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...