Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I'm ALL OVER the place these days!! BUT lovin it!

Maple Leaf Paper Cast © Saundra Lane Galloway Fine Art

Maple Leaf Paper Cast Detail

Yep, so different from yesterday, but still me! For those of you who follow me you know I've been making molds and paper casts for awhile now...so this is number 3 in my series of leaves...I KNOW...I'm all over the place...but, that truly is me! Switching out of one thing even if it for a small amount of time helps my creativity in all these things stay high, so...Maple Leaf Paper Cast is finished and now waiting for framing. These pieces I treat a bit differently as they are fragile if left alone with no wax or sealer or some such agent on them, so I mount them on a board, mat them in a bit of a shadow box fashion so they are removed from the glass that I also use, and then I frame the whole shebang. It seems to work for these pieces.

I've been thinking of making the plain paper casts and putting them on my ETSY shop so others can paint on them if they want...That will come later...:) But not TOO much later...:)

AND OH MY GOODNESS!!! I can't believe I forgot...but I did!! WAY back on January 19 my friend a fellow artist Carol Nelson posted the painting she did of my son Jonathan as part of her 100 portraits in 100 days. Carol is working largely in the fauvist style and I have to tell you I LOVE THIS!! Most of you have probably already seen it, but I have to say I am just blown away...AND the exciting thing is I'm going to paint with Carol again tomorrow if we don't get a blizzard and I get to bring the painting HOME!! I promised I wouldn't post the pic until she did on her blog, and then the day came and went...So, I'm sharing it now for those of you who haven't seen it...AWESOME! And...it SO describes exactly my son's personality. He handsome, creative and a free spirit that still let's his mom kiss him on the jaw IN PUBLIC!! I love my boy!!



Happy Creating to you all!! And, hey...did you notice we are only about 8 followers away from another give-away!! Stay tuned...

3 comments:

Art with Liz said...

Your maple leaf is fantastic! And I saw this portrait on Carol's blog but didn't connect the dots!! It is really great.

Also want to add here that your mountain triptych is amazing - and inspired by a bathroom door! Wow!

Autumn Leaves said...

I'd seen Carol's painting and I loved it, of course. I love hearing of your kids' personalities and how much you love them, Saundra. It is truly wonderful. I love these little paintings and am honestly excited about the possibility of you selling some of these paper casts. Gosh, I'd love to visit and have you teach me how to make them myself. Wish I lived nearby. Sigh... Anyway, you can probably tell by the screen name but I sure love all things tree...all things green.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thank you Liz...I absolutely LOVE doing these...I need to work collage into it and I'd be in heaven!! I think that is the next experiment with them! :) Sneak Peak!!

Thank you for always stopping by Autumn Leaves, and watching out for me with things as well...Your comments are uplifting!! I wish you were here too...we'd play and experiment with this stuff!! I will be putting the casts on ETSY soon...but I want to make sure I can mail them safely first!!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...