Thursday, January 14, 2010

Three up Front working title


I think I've painted enough flowers and trees lately that I'm having a TOUGH time naming them! Anyone with a better idea I would welcome suggestions for a name for this little4x4 on clayboard. I used open acrylics for this one so my palette was limited to the few small tubes I bought. I'm not sure the open time is really long enough to work for more than a few minutes, but I had to experiment in preparation for playing with the fauvist portraits I want to practice on in an attempt to loose my "fear" of them! Thanks to my friend Carol Nelson I am able to work on this with some assistance from time to time!

This came from the Dana Marie's challenge blog Inspiration all Around Us. It has been awhile since I have posted on that blog so I felt it time to do something for this very creative artist! Thanks for the opportunity Dana!

This little one will go in my list of contest choices, and to my ETSY shop when I get it set up! I'm also looking to another shop that is like ETSY, but newer and FREE...but I want to see what benefits would be to the free...or am I getting my "money's worth"...so still checking!

Happy Painting to you all!!

3 comments:

Elizabeth Seaver said...

This painting, again, has such nice depth in it, esp. for being so small. That's an achievement. It's lovely.

I, too, find it hard to name my paintings after awhile. If the title doesn't come immediately, I'm in for it!

I haven't tried the open acrylics, but another artist friend said almost exactly the same thing you did about them, that they didn't stay moist long enough to make a significant difference.

Autumn Leaves said...

"Up Close and Personal?" That aside, Saundra, I too like this lovely little gem. Are the petals collaged as you attempted before? No matter, this is just so pretty. I love the dark and mysterious leaves behind the flowers too. Beautiful work, as always.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thanks Elizabeth...but, we gotta try these things don't we!

Autumn Leaves...GREAT TITLE!! No, it isn't collaged. I wanted to try the open acrylics in prep for the portraits...so it is just paint.

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...