Thursday, January 21, 2010

STILL learning!! Yikes!

Reworked version...

Old...tight version that no longer exists....:)

Yes, I've been painting and photographing more for my ETSY shop and haven't finished one project YET. I am posting two pics of the same piece...the TOP is where it is NOW...the one underneath is where it was earlier today. Some of you may say you like where the leaves were going...some may agree with me and say good riddance to those leaves...I think the most important thing is how I feel I am progressing within myself, and then it is important what the public thinks on some levels...I found myself, like I do so often these days...getting tighter and much too...well, TIGHT in my approach with things like leaves and branches. WHY DO I DO THAT!! Aaarrrggghhh!!

I spent so many years dedicated to reproducing exactly (or as near as we can get) a subject and after a few years I realized I was a nervous wreck! I applaud those of you out there who have the personality to sit patiently with yourself as you approach your work that way. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT!! BUT, for me it is the kiss of death for creativity! My version of it anyway...So...I quickly worked over the area that offended me so much and, as I usually do, I like this better!! Will it live a full life? I don't know...I took these pics in the dark so I will look at it again tomorrow with fresh eyes and see how I feel. But, regardless...I will feel better than looking at those tight (for me) little leaves that seemed much too stuck up for me! So, still learning...(which is ok unless it is the SAME lesson over and over) I gotta loosen up!! Hmmm...a reflection of where my life is?? I dunno...I kinda thought I was doing pretty good! HA

Enjoy my little life lesson if you can...As I keep reminding myself...this blog IS about my art AND my process...here's some for ya!! Tomorrow's another day!!

HAPPY CREATING!!

6 comments:

Elizabeth Seaver said...

I had to do the same thing, Saundra, that is, relax with my painting. I got so wound up thinking I had to paint like a photo realist that I wasn't having any fun. It's great to see your process.

Autumn Leaves said...

I guess I have always wanted to paint like a photo realist (like Neil Hollingsworth) and get so frustrated that my pieces are so far off the mark. I like both of these, Saundra. I really like the effects and colors of the re-worked piece, but the original really pulls me in. What I really enjoy is hearing your thoughts and seeing your work. It is always beautiful to my eyes.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thanks for the feedback girls! I know each piece has it's parts...but in life the old version looked too "forced"...:) On I go!

Krista Meister said...

Hi Saundra, I just came across your blog looking through blogland and I like your post here. I feel the same way about realism - I love it when it is correctly achieved, but for my personality, it would make me insane. I like your new and improved painting here. Very nice artwork.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thanks for stopping by Krista! Glad you could identify...I'm about the post the "finished" product...hope you have a minute to stop by again!!

Lokelani Forrest said...

Yep...I would say I like the reworked version better. Don't know why, but do.

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...