Tuesday, March 1, 2011

"Baby Chimp" original oil portrait of a chimpanzee baby © Saundra Lane Galloway

"Baby Chimp"
6" x 6" oil on cradled textured panel
PRIVATE COLLECTION
PRINTS AVAILABLE ON
This little guy was my hardest to paint so far...I think cuz he's so ugly! HA...sorry Michelle...I think it's one of those things that he's so ugly he's cute...and, all the time I was painting him I could have sworn that I smelled monkey!...So...off to create more for my little grandbaby!  Today we heard that the heartbeat was STRONG and he/she was just moving around like crazy...YEA!

HAPPY CREATING!!

3 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Babies of any kind are adorable. I never realized that chimps had such human-like ears before. Thanks for teaching me something new, Saundra. I love when that happens! Awesome job on this little one.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thank you Autumn Leaves! I suppose he gets by on the cute o meter cuz he's a baby!

Linda said...

Hi Saundra Lane~ I am from Maine...so happy to stumble across your incredible blog! You paint beautifully, wow...such texture and detail.....and the look in the subjects eyes is so life-like.....I enjoy very much, thanks for sharing, Linda

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...