Thursday, March 3, 2011

REFOCUSING...AGAIN...and fresh off the easel...

"Calla Lily Cake Top"
6" x 6" oil on canvas panel
$80 includes shipping in the US




OK...so here is a little piece I did in oil just to see which direction I may want to go when I launch my wedding cake top portrait paintings full blast.  Here is what I learned...yep, I like it...it's nice...but I MISS working in collage...SO...the refocus is to lay this aside and experiment a bit more incorporating the way I love working; MY VISION in collage before I go full blast.  It's OK to experiment and decide and experiment again...that is how genius ideas happen (not that I'm a genius, but I play around to hope I stumble upon something genius!)!...so, cake top portraits are on hold...I mean really...I'm painting like mad for my sweet daughter's coming baby, working as much as possible on my mixed media pieces, showing in a ton of places, getting ready to move...etc, etc, etc...You know the drill...how many out there can give a list of your own!  IT'S A CRAZY BUSY WORLD! whew...step back and get a little perspective...Here is how I did it this morning...
  • FINISHED CAKE TOP- ckeck
  • WENT TO STARBUCKS...looked at the beauty on the way-ckeck
  • took a picture of something totally random and get an idea from it - check...note the take out boxes from yesterday's lunch...hmmm...fun, what if I took them apart and made a pattern and used them as gift boxes...it's been done yes, but not by me yet...and it's just the bit of sumpin, sumpin I needed to get out of my rut thinking...FUN!
  • and...started a new background for a new mixed media piece - check!
 "Wren beginning"
started with a bit of acrylic and stamping...you might want to click on this to enlarge it to see the stamping that will be the background...
Next will be adding some papers in some way...I MISSED THIS the past few days...and then slap that branch and bird right on there!!  YEA...

Refocus begun...let go of all the stressful "have to's" that I started and felt I jumped too fast...and now to PLAY!
What's next...another baby of course...by the way...I'm LOVING that!!

HAPPY CREATING to all...and remember...it's OK to stop, turn around, take pics of take out boxes and REFOCUS...and then...AAAHHHH...FUN!

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

So excited to see what becomes of the wrens on the power lines. It looks an amazing beginning Saundra. And you are the last person to be in a thinking rut, I tell you. You are always thinking outside the box and that is what I love about you! Where you moving to? Find a new place yet?

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...