Monday, March 14, 2011

"Spirit" original oil on textured canvas © Saundra Lane Galloway

"Spirit"
10" x 10" oil on textured canvas
PRIVATE COLLECTION
to purchase prints please visit my site at

The weekend allowed me to sit down and paint a dark horse for my father's den as requested.  I find, when I paint on a textured canvas or panel it adds just that little extra movement and umph....at least for me.  I LOVE all the movement!

I'm starting to itch to do another aspen mixed media...I best get to it! 

HAPPY CREATING TO YOU ALL! 

3 comments:

martinealison said...

Je suis certaine que votre papa sera ravi et fier de recevoir ce portrait de cheval... Magnifique.
Bises

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Merci mon ami. J'espère qu'il l'apprécie. Il est un homme spécial ! Les bénédictions votre façon !

Autumn Leaves said...

How beautiful! I think your dad will love this and I love the play on words of "a dark horse," considering your dad is in a political position. Do you remember that song "Wildfire" from back in our day? I'm thinking it came out around the time that "Rocky Mountain High" came out...

I believe it had the phrase, "and they called it Wilfire..." in it. For some reason this piece reminds me of that...

Hah! My CAPTCHA word is "bible"...

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...