Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Trying something new...

"Cone Flowers"
16" x 20"
acrylic on canvas

Life has been challenging of late.  How many of us couldn't say that one!  As I think I mentioned we've been jobless since the first of February.  Even though things have begun to look promising, it is still scary and tough and scary some more...especially when there is no savings, no vacation pay, no 401K...and we're getting OLDER...yep, scary!  

"Pear"
16" x 20"
acrylic on canvas

BUT, as we know necessity is the mother of invention, so my mind immediately went into what can I do in this economy...just what?  After being turned down at places I've searched I had to figure something!!  The teaching world out there is a mess...just about every state has messed up their budget so badly they would not be hiring from outside for at least another two years...but, that isn't for me anymore, anyway!...I'd do it to survive, but it just about killed me the past years...but, oh well...it isn't out there anyway!...SO...

I've been learning about a new thing out there...(new to me anyway) a few companies that have started up where a teacher can go and create simple paintings that others will sign up to come for a fun two hours and paint that same painting with you...just a fun thing!  It sounds like ME...a lot of FUN...and painting too! YEA!

SOOOO, I sat down yesterday afternoon and produced two simple acrylic paintings and will be doing more so that I can take them down to these places and see if they have room for another teacher who is offering new pieces to do...I don't know if it will work, but a girl's gotta eat!...So wish me luck!  SOON I will be back at my easel doing my mixed media work and my grand-babies safari animals...

HAPPY CREATING!!

5 comments:

Pam Holnback said...

You say that these are simple, but they are beautiful! The first one jumped right off my dashboard!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

WOW, thanks Pam...let's hope someone else thinks it is ok so I can get to work!! :)

Art with Liz said...

These are an absolute treat! And good luck with the venture!

Autumn Leaves said...

Gosh, Saundra. These are so gorgeous in their simplicity. The top one looks like a photo that blurred out the background when zooming in on the flowers. I wish you good luck and wouldn't it be wonderful doing something you love and getting paid for it too?

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thank you Liz and Autumn Leaves...YES, how wonderful to do what I love and get paid too! YEA!...we shall see!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...