Saturday, March 5, 2011

"Wren" original mixed media wildlife of a wren © Saundra Lane Galloway

"Wren"
11" x 6" mixed media on cradled panel
$175 includes shipping in the US
for photos of the sides and information on International sales please contact me at
to see more of my work please visit my website at




It has dawned on me that I usually start with "I had fun with this..."...and I started to say something different, but the truth is, I DO have fun painting!  I didn't know I enjoyed painting birds and animals until recently...they always seemed too difficult to think about, but when one DOES think about it...they are just form, shape, value and such...just like anything else.  

Notice the detail from the stamps in the background.  I find they add just a little extra without taking away from the focus of the piece.

Now it's onward to another baby animal for my soon to be grandchild!  Hmmm...will it be an ostrich, a cheetah, a zebra, or an impala...those are ones left on the list...FUN!

HAPPY CREATING!!

6 comments:

martinealison said...

Il est vraiment charmant ce petit oiseau et j'aime ceux que tu as peint au loin en silhouette...
Bisous et bon weekend

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Vous remercier Martinealison ! La petite une est un timbre. ..I amour pour mélanger mes médias ! Le bon weekend à vous aussi !

Autumn Leaves said...

My favorite of all your bird pieces thus far, Saundra. There is both a touch of whimsy and a sense of reality in this one. Nicely composed, gorgeous colors, and beautiful attention to detail with the ribbon of life going through your work yet again. Really gorgeous.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

THank you Autumn Leaves...I like that phrase..."ribbon of life"...FUN!

Dean H. said...

Wonderfully done, Saundra! I like the addition of the stamp work. Your brush could tackle any subject!

Deb Harvey said...

So beautiful! I love birds and your birds are so amazing!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...