Monday, June 1, 2009

In the Middle and another pic for you


My aspen collage is coming along. After much more collage in the background and some overpainting and the addition of some paper tree trunks I am now set up for the final painting and touch up. It has been raining here AGAIN, so the light is wonky...but we take what we get with the light source these days! This is a 12"x12" cradled piece that I applied gesso over and then began the process. There are so many layers I decided to let this one stand on it's own. For a triptych I will need to apply the background surface all at the same time otherwise it seems just like three separate works side by side. I had no idea when I started this one that I would put so many layers into it.

The picture I am offering you today is for those abstract lovers out there. It is a pic I took at the local aquarium one day. If it appeals to you, have fun with it. If anyone decides to jump on this one, send me what you've done and I'll gladly post it. Just make sure your picture is clear so it will show up nicely. Send any artwork from this to my e-mail at art4life44@hotmail.com

2 comments:

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Oh, I really like to see WIP photos. The collage underneath is beautiful. I'll be glad to see the finished work too, but I'm one who wonders, "How did she do that??"

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Your work really ispires me to do my collage Elizabeth. So, I thank you for that! It is fun for me to see the process as well! I won't get it finished before I leave in the morning for my mom's, but I'm on it the minute I return.

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...