Monday, June 29, 2009

Mixed Media and it's process

As any of you who work in mixed media know it is a game of steps and patience and more steps! I have always loved collage, and I find myself moving more and more in that direction as I work on a daily basis. For me, most of the time I am bored with just painting, so this adding other materials thing seems to be for me. I won't say I will never just paint again as some things just seem to say I want to be painted, but I do love adding all that stuff. It is a bit like when I first began to paint...I never knew if it was going to work or not...now I am back there again and having a ball. The only thing is, even though I paint or work at my pieces every day, I don't always finish something every day.

This is my latest piece to have on the drawing board. I haven't even named it yet. I put some texture down on top of a base color and that was fun. At this stage is has the trees "blocked" in with a textured paper that I have painted on top of. Some ask me why I put paper down and sometimes paint right over it...and the answer is simply the texture makes the paint go on in a great way that just lends itself to the different types of bark I do.

I've made more paper cast aspen leaves that I will consider adding later on. But, alas, they are drying in the sun right now.

No comments:

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...