Wednesday, June 24, 2009

"Forest Floor" Completed...Again

NEW VERSION

OLD VERSION

DETAIL on NEW VERSION

Well, I finished "Forest Floor" again. I've included the old version so you can see where it went from it's original state. I like the second version much better. It is STILL 12"x6" cradled 3/4" panel that is stained on the sides. BUT, it no longer has a LOT of what was in there previously as you can see. It was just TOO much and no real place to rest the eye and the little pine baby was lost. I did, however add a thick layer of texture in the sky which I love as it has a depth to it that makes it ok there isn't tons of other stuff! The little pine will have to live in another painting. This is available on my website. I don't know WHY all of a sudden my close-up photos are blurry...sorry, but I wanted you to see the texture in the sky...FUN!
Welcome to my 2 newest followers! If you have not already read about the summer contest I have going please note that there are pictures posted (you can see them all in the June 9 post) the past 3 weeks or so in some of my posts. All you have to do is be a follower, paint from one of the photos and then e-mail it to me at art4life44@hotmail.com and you will be entered. I will draw names from those and you will get to choose from several 4x4" paintings/collages or business card holders.

5 comments:

Art with Liz said...

Oh I so agree with you on this. There is such a paintily feel on the latest one. Beautiful.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thanks Liz, WHEW...It was a chance to wipe out all the background...but I can always explore with background on a simpler focus one of these days.

Kristina D. Closs said...

Very nice, I have to say I like both versions! But they do have two completely different atmospheres.

Elizabeth Seaver said...

I think the new Forest Floor is very successful, Saundra. I really love the trees.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Kristina, You are so kind! I know...we artists...I think it is true...as long as you have a painting it is NEVER truly finished!

Elizabeth, I SO appreciate that, ahhh yes...trees...I'm hooked I guess...

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...