Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Sky Trio and Forest Floor revisited


My friend and fellow blogger Jane Hunt loved the simplicity of my Sky Trio from the last post...and what did I do...but add something! I felt it was too simple...so I added clouds...So, this one will have to live as is today...It is one of our contest choices for the summer contest. On a 4x4" fiberboard panel that can be hung or set on its own easel.
The second piece is one I've always been dissatisfied with. It is called "Forest Floor" and used to have just two pine trees and a little pine...HOWEVER, it was WAY to confusing and not enough contrast...so like many of you (I'm betting) if it sits around for very long and I don't like it I grabbed it up and began to play with it...It is still in process, but I decided to take away some of the confusion and add some texture. That was a ton of fun (ooh a rhyme)...so, I'm still playing...and then we will see if it lives or goes into the "I don't like it" pile. Part of the fun of being an artist is we get to choose!!

These days have been full of craziness! I've hardly had any time to paint! But, alas...flooding diswasher and moving miles of cable for my new laptop has been taking my time! I am, however, beginning a new piece using the handmade paper and paper cast leaves I've made in the past days, so new coming up...plus the fate of "Forest Floor" is on the line as well.

Happy painting to you all!!

No comments:

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...