Friday, June 19, 2009

"SPRING" is back


"Spring" is my newest addition to my collage pieces. Did we have a spring in Colorado this year?? Ok...I guess the spring I remember is what we will lovingly call from now on...the rainy season! 10+ days in a ROW with tornados! Ahhh Spring in the Rockies. (this year anyway) What makes this collage different is the addition of paper cast leaves. I've been wanting to do something different with my paper casts for awhile, so this came from that desire. "Spring" is a 12"x6" cradled panel that is 3/4" deep. I've stained the sides of this one as well, but I think it would look great with a floater frame! I think I will seal with with a gloss medium to protect the leaves and give a bit of a contemporary look. This collage is available on my website.

My friend Jane Hunt is the latest to accept my painting challenge contest. Her interpretation of the past photograph I posted is so wonderful. She has named it "Lone Pine with Mountains" I love the way she added her own spin with the addition of the mountains! Beautiful work Jane! Her name has been added to the list for the 4x4 give away contest that will end on July 19. For anyone who wishes to join in all you have to do is paint from one of my posted photos and send it to my e-mail. Oh, and be a follower...:) art4life44@hotmail.com

Welsome to my 2 newest followers! It's always great to have you stop by when you have an extra minute!

2 comments:

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Oh, I love this painting, Saundra. I saw the paper cast leaves on an earlier post, and it is so fun to see what you did with it.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thanks Elizabeth. It looks whimsical to me...

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...