Friday, July 3, 2009

Aspen piece


This has been an interesting week. I am happy I have my new computer...but it has a few glitches and such so still working out all the bugs! One of the bugs....(and those of you who use the Photoshop Album Starter to edit your photos will want to note this...) is Album Starter is no longer available for download. That means that there is no support for this program anymore. I tried to transfer my old album to my new computer and no all photos came over. They are shutting down according to my computer expert. I'm not sure what that means in the long run. So, I'm still working out the kinks for that snafoo.
The second interesting thing is I am about finished with this latest Aspen piece and I'm not sure about how I feel about it. I know not all experiements will be successful...and I like the idea of this, but still haven't made up my mind. The paper casts are fun...but perhaps too whimsical for a piece that has for the most part realistic type trees...Would be interesting to have your thoughts! And, my feelings about this may reflect my frustrations about the breaks of appliances, the new computer that still has bugs, etc. etc...Ahhh Life!
So, my computer expert is out of pocket and we are leaving for Breckenridge so I'm taking a few days off from posting. Hopefully when we return and my computer person is available I will get back on track! I've noticed in posting this there is some trouble with my ability to get my cursor to click so I can type...hmmm...ahhh technology!
So, the flag photo I was going to post is not available right now for the 4th and our contest will have to wait. BUT, I'm wishing you all a Happy 4th of July!

4 comments:

Charlene Brown said...

You may be right in thinking these trucks are too realistic for such whimsey -- but I love the idea. Have you thought of including a few of the lovely corally-pink leaves some aspens get?

Unknown said...

Hi Saundra! congrats on getting listed as a top 10 blog on the Tony Moffitt site. Very cool and so well deserved....
many hugs from Texas!

Art with Liz said...

I love this piece Saundra! Those leaves are ... well... just fantastic!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Charlene...I'm thinking something like that...I'm going to try something "radical" for me...a resin pour. Thanks for your thoughts!
WOW Nancy, thanks for the heads up! I'm tickled!
Liz, I'm smilin! and a blushin!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...