Monday, July 13, 2009

Hawaii Palms


"Hawaii Palms" is on 8x10" cradled panel that is stained on the sides. Originally I had anticipated adding more collage items, but ended up being happy with the trunks to the palms. Small as they are the tiny extra bit of texture brings them forward. My son sent me this picture from his recent trip to Hawaii and I was immediately fascinated with these mound hills off in the distance. I don't know what they are, but I've not seen anything like it, so it had to go in. This is added to the list I'm going to let my son choose from, and what is left I will add to my website.

The photo is the last I will post for our summer give-away contest. Red Bird was taking a bath in my mom's tree when I was there in June. I was surprised to see how long she sat there letting the sprinkler wash her off...Might be fun for any of you bird lovers out there!

As a reminder the contest is simple...Be a follower, choose ANY photograph I've posted this summer (or earlier if you want to go back that far), paint it, collage it, create an artwork and then send it to my e-mail at art4life44@hotmail.com and that is all there is to it!! I will put your name in the hat and choose from the artworks submitted and will send the winner their choice from the contest choices on my sidebar. I finally fixed the glitch on-line where my photos were stored so you can just click on the photo under contest choices to see the available little artworks to choose from. You still have time, especially if you are a daily painter...so why not give it a try!

Happy Painting to you all!!

1 comment:

Lokelani Forrest said...

Hi Saundra...I've been browsing your blog today and came across this posting. The painting you did of the Palms is in a little town named Waimanalo. The mound off in the ocean is called "Chinaman's Hat," for obvious reasons. Nice to see a little bit of the islands from another artist.

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...