Saturday, July 18, 2009

Cactus Crowd


"Cactus Crowd" is 8x8" canvas on panel. This particular panel is 1/8" wide. I've stained the sides and back so it can sit on an easel or shelf, and is thin enough to frame also. I like working on substrates that are versatile enough to work in different situations. This piece is mostly acrylic with a bit of texture on the cactus for effect. The texture on this one is much more subtle than on the other cactus piece I did, but it is just enough to rough up the surface a bit.

Welcome to my newest follower! It is always so nice to have everyone check in from time to time. Today and tomorrow are the last days of the summer challenge contest, so if you have a minute you might want to try one of the photos I've posted this summer. If you are a follower all you have to do is send it to my e-mail art4life44@hotmail.com and I will do the rest!

Cactus Crowd is available on my website. Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Art with Liz said...

This is great Saundra! Love your cactus works, the greens are incredible!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thank you Liz! I played with several different ones on this one. I don't know if they translate over to your medium, but Lime Green and Green Gold were two...and I mixed them both with Ultramarine Blue...:)

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...