Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Makapulu Lighthouse


"Makapulu Lighthouse" is the third in my series of Hawaii scenes. These paintings have been inspired by photographs my son took on his recent trip to Hawaii. I believe this is on Oahu. I used a good amount of texture on this piece; I think rock just screams "USE TEXTURE!!"...and this one leaked into the sky as well. ( Yes, on purpose...) This is a 6x6" 3/4" cradled piece that I have stained on the sides. What I like about these 3/4" cradled pieces is they can stand alone as is, or are still of an appropriate depth where they can be framed. It is a win win!

I'm really hoping that I have time the next couple days to paint...I think I will need the peace it brings. We found black mold in the basement and that will mean quite a bit of clean-up! It is dangerous stuff!! We don't own this house...or I'm not sure, after all the trouble we've had of late, that I wouldn't stand back and burn it down! (of course I'm joking...a disclaimer...:))...but I DID find scripture in the bible about mold and mildew sorts of things...Leviticus 14:33-47...back then when the priest determined it couldn't be eliminated they tore the house down, and took it to an unclean place outside of town!! (In these modern times it would be the mold inspector and contractor) WHEW...scary stuff when it is in your house...I guess it is all the rain of late and some leaks that weren't properly taken care of...SOOO Wednesday is our clean-up and repairing day...For a clean freak like me this is...well...icky...so kind thoughts would be MUCH appreciated!!

But, as always...happy painting to you all!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow!!! Texture indeed! This is the littlest big painting I've seen!

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Oh, I do sympathize with the mold problem. Yuck! Hang in there!

Love the textured painting, of course, Saundra!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thanks Sheila and Liz...I LOVE texture!! and...I'm definitely hanging in!!

Autumn Leaves said...

Ooh, I do love lighthouses! I think this is a lovely piece! Your son has a good eye for photographs as well. My thoughts go with you today. I don't do well with icky either.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thank you Autumn Leaves! And welcome! The lighthouse was a fun one for sure...you will learn that I love texture and collage and, and, and!

Gwen Bell said...

Wonderful texture in this piece!

On the subject of your mold...take it very seriously! Air tests don't always show the full story. Get yourself blood tests that check for mycotoxins. I had to move out of my home because it got in my sinuses and grew into mycetomas (fungal tumors)resulting in 3 operations and 6 years of immune system problems.

I'm in my new mold-free home and hopefully this last surgery eradicated it but I still have to go to the ENT every 3 months to make sure. Scary stuff!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

WOW thanks Gwen! I have been doing a lot of research and agree with you on the seriousness of it all. Unfortunately...the mold guy, contractors and others aren't! We are working on it! I'm going to pass this info along!! Glad you are better!!!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...