Thursday, July 9, 2009

Collage Poppy


Collage Poppy is a 6x6" cradled panel that I've stained on the sides. I used colored papers with acrylic painting here and there. I like using transparent papers as you can build up shadows by overlapping. I am going to look at this again in the morning before I decide if I've finished all I wanted to do, but for now I'm happy with it.

I finally figured out what was wrong with my 4G laptop. It had begun to run very slowly like my old dinosaur laptop and I was very discouraged! All it took was to change from Internet Explorer to Firefox and here I am speeding along like I had hoped in the beginning! YEA! I had to share that as it has taken a HUGE part of my time away from painting and I'm sure all your artists out there can relate!

We are 10 days from the conclusion of the summer contest give-away, so if you have a minute to poke through past posts (say that 3 times in a row without slipping) for photos I have posted and try your hand at one of them!

I think I have another poppy in me before I move along to perhaps another ocean scene! What fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have done the poppy justice. It's lovely. I've tried them in watercolors but have not been satisfied yet with my results. Maybe I will try them with in acrylics. The collage approach works well in this painting. Very nice.
Jean

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thank you Jean, I really think the papers work well for this subject...however I'm just painting them today...we shall see!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...