Friday, September 18, 2009
I am tickled to have received the Kreativ Blogger award from Karen Hargett; a wonderful, inspirational pastel (among other things) artist and new blogger friend! You have to check out Karen's pastels. The depth she achieves is wonderful. I'm particularly partial to her recent sunflower and cone flowers. When you have a minute...click over to
Karen Hargett's Fine Art Journal! I especially love her use of scripture to add to our inspiration!
I will be pondering in the coming days and trying to choose seven artists to pass this award on to. It may take me a bit, but I am happy to do it.
Until then, to follow the rules I list seven things about myself. I understand this rule. We share more about us, so the depth in our personalities will enhance what you see of our work. I like it...so here goes
1. EVERYTHING I do I consider God first, and what He would expect of me.
2. I adore my husband.
3. My family is very important to me.
4. I've wanted to be an artist ever since I can remember. I used to enter those magazine contests and they would send responses like "Perhaps you should choose another profession".
5. I don't give up easily on anything if it is worthwhile...thus I didn't listen to those magazine schools.
6. String puppets terrify me!
7. I was stalked by a mountain lion last year...my neighbor had to shoot it to keep it from getting in my house!
So...some the same, some new items for you...tee hee...
Today is all about perspective drawing of the football painting for Damon. I should have included in my list...I am not a big fan of linear perspective! Mainly because I find it hard to sit still long enough to do it...but I will soldier on and accomplish my daily goal. Happy Painting!
© Saundra Lane Fine Art
All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway