Thursday, September 10, 2009

Day 1 of subbing...





So, today was my first day to sub, so I didn't have my time in the studio, and because I have to get used to it, I am too tired to paint today. BUT, I did wake to a beautiful sunrise I wanted to share, and I DID have time to do a couple of watercolor sketches. The sunflower is the one from Dana Marie's blog "Inspiration All Around Us". I am laughing right now as I got up EARLY to print off the pic so I would have it at school...I realize that I elongated it in my rush to get out the door, so it is a bit L O N G in the tooth...but at least it IS. I got this little watercolor kit and a little handmade sketchbook to work on things while at schools, so this was page one. (The quality of the paints isn't that good, but when those little pans are empty I will put a higher quality of paint in them.)I think I got the sketchbooks at a show in Boulder this summer. The second little sketch is the foothills outside my classroom window. SO pretty. The colors were so light...I couldn't get much contrast, so I decided to ink some of it to show some detail. It was fun to at least be able to play in some kind of paint! So, now I'm off to a NAP...not used to this schedule...but I'll get there! Happy Painting!

5 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Ooh, I do love your watercolor style, Saundra! Such talent! Hope today goes well at school too!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thank you Autumn Leaves! I'm hopin too...you know every day has at least one challenging period...mine is 6th today...:)

Elizabeth Seaver said...

These are lovely, and I admire your determination to create in adverse circumstances. Anyone who substitute teaches is a hero in my book!

Love the sunflower, esp., long in the tooth or not!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Ha Elizabeth...I'm thinking more crazy! HA. Thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

Some may feel squeamish about eating it, but rabbit has a fan base that grows as cooks discover how easy they are to raise — and how good the meat tastes.

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...