Sunday, September 13, 2009

Batik!



As I do sometimes I get in the mood for something a little different. To me it is kind of like eating a piece of dark chocolate before dinner...it cleans the pallet...(well, that is the story I tell myself anyway so I can eat chocolate!)...So, Batik was my artistic pallet cleanser.

The Pooh bears are special to me as they were Jonathan and Michelle's bears. I think I posted a watercolor painting I did of them when they were little that I gave to my mother...and I'm about ready to paint them in acrylic one of these days. Jonathan's bear is the "taller" bear. It is the first thing I bought when I found out I was pregnant, so it holds a wonderful place in my heart. So, when I found I was pregnant again I bought the little one that became my Michelle's bear.

The stylized trees are because I just have to try trees in every medium I work in! I am always curious as to how I will approach trees in different media. FUN!

Now, I HAVE to clean out and organize my studio so I can walk in there! I tend to get frenzied now and then and just ignore everything else...But, I'm already thinking about my next painting...Now I'm in the mood to do Bert and Ernie...(more childhood toys from my son's little boy years)...I think I'm missing my kids!!

I think I've hit some sort of plateau for my followers...we've been at 71 forEVER! I love you all, and am so appreciative, but I'm dying to do another give-away...!! I think, soon I am going to offer my little 4x4's for sale. When we have give-aways in the future I will let you choose from those that are still available...

Happy Painting to you all!!

3 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Saundra, you are such an inspiration to me, truly. It is fun to step outside of our routine and do something a bit different, for sure. These two pieces are so charming! I loved especially the stories of your kids' Pooh bears. Of course, the trees I just plain old love. If it is a tree, I love it in all its various fashion glories. Can't wait to see what is next!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Me either! HA. Ok...yes, I have another tree painting on my easel...off to finish it! Thanks autumn leaves!!

Sandy Maudlin said...

These are so refreshing and delightful. Our grandkids made batik pillows, too, with glue, not hot wax. Your blog has been so much fun to explore and I'll be back.

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...