Friday, September 25, 2009

September Sunrise


I had to do a little quickie this morning before I'm off to teach. It is a little rough around the edges, but at least I got to paint a bit. I absolutely LOVE the sunrises here on the mountain! I've got a big file of all of last years' sunrises, and am starting one for this year. I started painting before the sun came up, so my light wasn't the best...(sounds a bit like the kid that didn't catch a baseball and said it was because the sun was in his eyes!)...I noticed in the pic I have some rough areas...So, perhaps I will sand it a bit and play some more on it when I get home...:)

I worked a bit more on Memorial Stadium last night, but it isn't enough to post another pic yet...so it is still in process.

Today I take hubby dear to the airport to fly off to Minnesota to see his son for the weekend. I thought about going, but this dirty house and some sewing I need to do is calling LOUDLY! I told my sweetie last night that I really have about 3 or 4 jobs now...Painting, house stuff, teaching, and the church bulletin I took on. Sounds really good huh?! It isn't all THAT bad, but it does take a little juggling...and I've learned...the things we love, or the things we do for those we love...usually get done! So, I'm not worried.

Happy Painting to you all!! And...oh yes...welcome to my newest follower...and HEY...we only have 3 to go before the next give-away...I'm ready!!

6 comments:

Charlene Brown said...

A sunrise file -- wonderful! I'd have to get up and outside and round to the front of our building to try this, so it's unlikely -- but I'm pretty sure a sunset file is doable... Thanks for the idea.

Silvia Williams Paints Watercolors said...

Beautiful sun flower on the challenge. Love what you did around the edges of the flower. Thanks for your comments on my blog. Silvia

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thanks Charlene and Silvia!

Autumn Leaves said...

I really like the rough spots, Saundra. Hope you didn't file them away. Makes the clouds look like they are coming toward you and gives them that movement that they have in real life. I too love the idea of the sunrise (or sunset) file. Your energy amazes me!

Elizabeth Seaver said...

You are so dedicated to paint before you teach...but then, how would we get all that needs doing done if we didn't cram it all in around the edges of the day!

I LOVE the color of the sky in your painting. Glad to see it!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thanks Autumn Leaves and Elizabeth. Sorry Autumn Leaves...the texture bothered me a bit...but I'm going to play with them a bit more today...who knows, it may be right back...or something similar! Elizabeth...I hear you! The only problem I'm really having is that I feel I push things too quickly. Sometimes that is good...and sometimes that is bad. Gotta work on it being good...the spontaneity part I want to keep! But, then I went and took that part away from this little guy! go figure!!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...