Saturday, August 29, 2009

It is Finished!!




I couldn't wait until tomorrow so added on to what I wrote today. I just completed the cabinet. It is still wet, and I'm a bit dizzy from the fumes (I refused to take everything out for the 4th time...so did it in the house!!) but happy it is completed! I had to darken the green stain, and put two coats of the brown stain on top, but am finally satisfied. I don't remember if it was 6 or 7 days...but many trips to HD and Ace and thanks to my sweet husband for drilling and cutting molding...and it is FINI!! YIPEE!! I think my next painting has to be something other than green...:)

Happy Day to you all!! Thanks for encouraging me along!! It helped get this DONE!!

8 comments:

Krista Hasson said...

Absolutely beautiful! Nice job

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thank you Krista...I'm enjoying it...still wet though. :)

Autumn Leaves said...

Saundra!!! I am just gasping in awe here! This turned out so beautifully! I think the wood tone on top works so wonderfully with the green darkened! That green...I am swooning. My favorite color! Please never lose this piece. It is now a family heirloom. (Can I be in your family????) Oh to have this kind of talent!!!

Lokelani Forrest said...

Been following your cabinet project and must say it has turned out beautifully. Congrats.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Wow Autumn Leaves and Lokelani Forrest!! Thanks so much for checking in and staying with me during this...challenge! :) I'm satisfied with the result...though, now my dear hubby is wondering if we need a bigger tv! HA...At least there is room on top now for one! :) Either way...my part is done! Now on to other paintings...

pattrsnd said...

Very cool Saundra!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thanks David! It was fun...but I wouldn't do well making a living at this...too many trips to Home Depot! HA

Dave :{) said...

Wow...what a great idea!

I'm so glad you listened to me all those years in our youth! I taught you well! :{)

By the way...I know what I want for my birthday now.
Can I have one in blue?

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...