Monday, August 17, 2009

One of my favorites


Getting back into things doesn't always take me that long. A little rest, a funny movie, some snuggling with my honey and I'm feeling much brighter and ready for my regular life. And, all the prayers are working I believe. We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us...yes...a little scripture that I happen to believe!

I painted for about 3 minutes today...not enough to finish my little pine forest I'm working on, but 3 more minutes than I thought I would take...so YEA!! So, I thought I'd post one of my favorite paintings from a couple years ago. It was purchased by a dear friend of mine...Kate C.

I love vignettes...seems fun to leave things for the viewer to complete in their minds. This branch is right off my deck. I love all things tree (as you all know!!), and this was just a beautiful bit of inspiration that came together just right for me and what I was trying to accomplish.

I don't remember what I named it...Kate might know, so for now let's just call it "4 Cones". Yep that'l do...

Thank you all for your kind words! So...here's to getting back to it! Happy Painting!!

4 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

What an inspired piece, Saundra! I also love all things tree and this is no exception. I thought it was a photograph at first! Makes me feel Christmas-y. Thank you for the beautiful images of your dad that you've shared, too.

Art with Liz said...

Lucky Kate to get a painting as beautiful as this!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thank you girls for your wonderful comments!

pattrsnd said...

What wonderful splashes of subtle color...beautiful!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...