Monday, August 10, 2009

Platte River



I had to do a quick little piece that was inspired by my recent trip to Nebraska. I have to keep a sense of humor as I take photos from a moving car. My husband would probably gladly stop and let me take my time, but this was taken on a bridge for one thing, and the other...we would never get there...so...I make do with my new auto focus camera! YEA technology!

"Platte River" is an 8"x8" acrylic canvas on panel. I love to lay in my skies with palette knife much of the time so I don't overwork them.

We had a bit of drama when I came home. My daughter called to tell me Jackson (my mom's cat that used to be Michelle's) was in the hospital!! At first we thought he had eaten a plant, but it turned out to be an infection. She was beside herself with worry...SO...knowing how important Jackson is to my mother (who was in California at a wedding) and my daughter I was preparing to turn right around to return to Omaha to help with any upset if there was something heartbreaking to deal with...BUT...happy to announce Jackson is now fine and on his way back to Oklahoma with my VERY happy parents that he is going to be OK...

SO...all the laundry and such took away my yesterday, and picking out my birthday present took a good bit of my morning...Yes, I've included a pic of the beautiful fresh water pearl necklace that my husband "got" me for my birthday. He is so thrilled with my choice...tee hee! It WAS his idea to get me jewelry and his wisdom to let me pick it out! Off to Helzberg I went and this is what I came home with...YIPEE!!

Oh yes..."Platte River" is available on my website.

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

That has to be the prettiest pearl necklace I've ever seen. I've never been a fan of pearls until seeing your choice. Beautiful! As to your painting? My goodness! I thought I WAS looking at a photograph! Beautifully done, Saundra!!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Wow Autumn Leaves...a double compliment...thank you! I am not usually a huge fan myself...always thought they were a bit too formal for me...but this one is definitely a blue jeans or dress one! The river sort of painted itself...:) I was just there to direct.

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...