Friday, August 21, 2009

Wild Blue Aspen



A fun problem to have...my husband named this one. I've done so many aspen paintings I get a little blinded when it comes to naming some. "Wild Blue Aspen" was completed today inspired by Aspen College and my tiny one called Night Aspen. I enjoyed the contrast of the white trunks against the dark blue background so wanted to do one in horizontal format. This collage is 8"x16" on wrap around 3/4" stretched canvas. YES you can do collage over stretched canvas! I don't do collage over a large canvas very often as it is chancy for keeping it stretched tight.

So happy to be so close to another thank you give-away...last I looked we only needed 4 more followers! Welcome to my newest!! Happy Painting!

9 comments:

Carol Nelson said...

I laughed at your naming problem with aspens. I have the same problem with poppies!

Autumn Leaves said...

This is beautiful too, Saundra! There is a winter is coming feel to it. Those trunks are awesome!

Art with Liz said...

Fantastic Saundra! And a beautiful title. Well done hubby! Love your Pine forest as well. But then you are a tree master!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Ha Carol...if only we could trade names...we'd have double!

Autumn Leaves...Thank you...there is just something about a trunk...I can just see the life they've lived! :)

Liz, I feel quite tickled! Thank you!

pattrsnd said...

I love the graphic look to these Saundra!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thanks David...I'm enjoying working in this way.

T Karpa said...

truly beautiful

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Why thank you Tati

Krista Hasson said...

This absolutely stunning, I think it is my favorite so far!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...