Saturday, March 13, 2010

Poking FUN at myself

 I call this something like..."trees in abstract using metals"...yep...it's really more a description!

Today will be day two of my metals and mixed media workshop with Carol Nelson.  Carol is an awesome and wonderful teacher.  I took this workshop last year and had a blast.  This year I wanted a refresher and I came wondering if I could mix metals and adapt it to what I do in any way.  This little experiment from yesterday showed me how MUCH practice I need in working with glue and metal...and that perhaps abstract in this form isn't for me, except to play and stretch those creative muscles.  You can see that I was going for something tree'ish...If you're wondering what the product up top is...it is tyvec...a FUN process!!

Today is more experimental play and learning about two part epoxy as a sealant for work....I hope you all have a wonderfully creative Saturday...after today it is back to my pear series (I decided I had at least one more...is that a series...?? HA)

HAPPY DAY!!

4 comments:

martinealison said...

Très original et très agréable à l'oeil.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Merci Boucoup Martinealison!!

Autumn Leaves said...

I think this is so cool looking, Saundra. I hope you don't scratch this type of piece from your arsenal. I don't think anyone flexes those artist muscles more than you do. I love the copper, the pieces of nature, and whatever the heck 'Tyvak' is (I'm going to go look it up)!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

You are SO good for me Autumn Leaves...I'm not sure what will happen to it...but I had fun and LEARNED alot!! Tyvec is that stuff they make to keep a moisture barrier for building...It is also the FedEx envelopes...we painted on it and then ironed it...that is how you get the bubbly look! FUN!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...